What kids eat matters for their brain development and behavior! Their brains and bodies are designed to operate best on a varied diet of real nutrient-dense foods. Much of what kids consume today is ultra-processed food containing few of the nutrient building-blocks they need, and lots of chemicals that can cause problems. This means kids aren't getting the macro- and micronutrients needed to support optimal brain development and function.
What happens then? We see increased attention, anxiety, mood, learning, and behavior challenges (not to mention the physical symptoms like constipation, chronic headaches, obesity, eczema, frequent illness, and more). Research clearly shows that what kids eat has an impact on their brain function and behavior. If a child is struggling with any aspect of emotional and behavioral regulation, learning, or development - food very likely plays a role in both causing and solving those issues!
If you want to help your children grow and develop optimally - both physically and mentally - then you need to know how to build a solid foundation of nutrition. It doesn't have to be complicated, time consuming, expensive, or stressful. I'm a mom of 4 so I get the challenges, and I promise to keep it simple and doable!
In this workshop you'll learn:
- The basic nutritional building blocks and why they matter
- Exactly what kids need for healthy growth and function at each stage (and how it's different from adults)
- What to prioritize when feeding your kids
- Specific ingredients to reduce or avoid in your child's diet
- The simple way to make sure meals and snacks have everything your child needs
- The truth about sugar and what to aim for
- Simple snacks to support behavior
- How to get kids drinking more water
- How to know which foods are better or worse for brain function
- The 2 things you and your kids need to understand on food labels
- How to address food and eating in a way that minimizes power struggles
- Structuring meals for success
- Basic tips to help make food changes easier, especially when you have a picky eater
This workshop is jam-packed with information and strategies that will help you and your kids make more informed and brain-supportive food choices. Everything is broken down into brief sections so you can easily access the information, and review specific topics as needed. There are handouts, checklists, and a resource guide to help you put your learning into action. You can even download the audios for each lesson to listen to on the go if you prefer.
I encourage you to have your child watch some of these videos with you so they hear the information straight from me (believe me, as I mom I know kids will often listen to others before their parent!). After going through the workshop you will feel better equipped to not only make decisions around food for your kids, but to explain to them why it's important and how food impacts their brain.
If you've been wondering how food might make a difference in your child's brain function and behavior, or you've been wanting to make changes but just aren't sure what to do or how to do it, this workshop is for you.
I promise it won't be overwhelming, and the focus here is NOT perfection. I'll guide you to focus on small changes at a pace that makes sense for you and your family.
Let's get your kids on a path to eating for a better brain and behavior!
Purchasing a workshop does not constitute any type of therapeutic relationship with Dr. Nicole. This stand-alone workshop is not assessment or therapy, and does not replace assessment or therapy.
Workshop price is in US Dollars.
- Welcome and Introduction Video FREE PREVIEW
- Welcome and Introduction Audio Lesson
- Why Food Matters Video Lesson
- Why Food Matters Audio Lesson
- Macronutrients Video Lesson
- Macronutrients Audio Lesson
- Micronutrients Video Lesson
- Micronutrients Audio Lesson
- Phytonutrients Video Lesson
- Phytonutrients Audio Lesson
- Eat The Rainbow Checklist
- Whole Food Video Lesson
- Whole Foods Audio Lesson
- Dr. Nicole's Power Foods
- Priority Foods Video Lesson
- Priority Foods Audio Lesson
- Protein, Health Fat, and Fiber Handout
- Processed Foods Video Lesson
- Processed Foods Audio Lesson
- Ultra-Processed Food Example
- Ingredients to Avoid in Processed Foods Handout
- Artificial Sweetener Names Handout
- Sugar Video Lesson
- Sugar Audio Lesson
- Names for Sugar Handout
- Reading Food Labels Video Lesson
- Reading Foods Labels Audio Lesson
- Blood Sugar Regulation Video Lesson
- Blood Sugar Regulation Audio Lesson
- 101 Brain Boosting Snacks Handout
- Hydration Video Lesson
- Hydration Audio Lesson
- Organic and Non-GMO Video Lesson
- Organic and Non-GMO Audio Lesson
- EWG Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 Shopping Guide
- Food Allergies, Sensitivites, and Special Diets Video Lesson
- Food Allergies, Sensitivities, and Special Diets Audio Lesson
- Making Food Decisions Video Lesson
- Making Food Decisions Audio Lesson
- How to Eat Video Lesson
- How to Eat Audio Lesson
- Family Meals Video Lesson
- Family Meals Audio Lesson
- How to Implement Changes Video Lesson
- How to Implement Changes Audio Lesson
- Making Changes Worksheet
- Developmental Stages and Eating Video Lesson
- Developmental Stages and Eating Audio Lesson
- Tips for Picky Eaters Video Lesson
- Tips for Picky Eaters Audio Lesson
- Wrap-Up Video
- Wrap-Up Audio
- Better Brain and Behavior Diet Resource Guide
- Energy Bites Recipe
- Favorite Healthy Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Protein Shake Basic Recipe and Ideas